Friday, August 19, 2011

ATCs for Friday

Hi Friends! Happy Friday! Do you have big plans for the weekend? My DS has his first football game tonight and DD has some softball stuff, but other than that it'll be a relaxing weekend.

I have a bunch of ATCs, previously published in Scrapbook News and Review Magazine, I've not yet shared here so I thought that would be fun for today.

Spring is Here

Spring has been here and is gone, just like summer's about to be. YIKES! How did it go by so quickly?? To create this ATC, I started off by painting the base with some spring colors. Then I stamped over it with a script stamp and then again with a flower. After that I added the papers, flowers, and trim. I love those little felt flowers and will work on a quick tutorial for those today to share this weekend. I really want to get at giving you all some more tutorials and fun stuff throughout the week! WooHoo!

Dare to Be You

I must say when I made this ATC never did I imagine I'd love how the shades of purple looked. I do however and it's becoming a more used color in my world thanks to my BFFs hubbie. To create this ATC, I painted the entire base with shades of blue and magenta. This mixed into all the purple shades you see. Then I spread some light molding paste through a negative punch of a butterfly and some faux punchinella I created with a hole punch. Then I went over with paints again. Next I added lots of glitz and shimmer with some Perfect Pearls. My BFF hooked me up with some amazing colors and they are outta this world! I dusted the PP on the butterflies as well as little dabs here and there over the whole piece. To adhere the star confetti, beads, and the bling, I used some gel medium.

Rock Star

This was such a quickie! I brushed on some red paint, went over with white paint on bubble wrap, attached the corrugated cardboard with gel medium, added black paint and embellies and I was done.

Fly Away

This one emerged from some playing I was doing with light molding paste. I wanted to try out carving into it and creating a background. First I laid down a generous layer of light molding paste and then carved my cloud shapes in it. I set this aside and let it dry overnight (24 full hours to be exact) then I went back in and added paint and some Diamond Dust with gel medium. The last touches were the butterfly and writing the words fly away. I love Sakura pens! I was amazed at how well it wrote over the painted paste.

Well before I leave today, I have a few questions for you. I really want to beef up my blog and have this be a place where you can come for inspiration, how tos, and more. In order to do that, I'd love some input from you all! =)

What would you like to see more of on this blog? Scrappy stuff, tutorials, mixed media stuff....

How many times per week would you like to see new posts?

Tell me something about yourself. I'd really like to get to know who stops by.

If you can take just a few moments and share what you're thinking I'd be beyond elated. Like I said I really want my blog to become more interactive and less just eye candy posts. I have lots of ideas (some in the works already) and would love yours!

As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Have beautiful days with much laughter!
~Scarlett


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!