Thursday, August 18, 2011

New Issue Available, Some Projects, and Weekend Haps

Hey Everybody! Well it was a little longer than a day, huh? BUT at least it didn't take more than a week for me to get back here. LOL

I've got lots to share and don't want to keep you reading on forever so let's get started with the new issue of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine that is available for your viewing pleasure. Each issue is chock full of eye candy and inspiration, tutorials and article, and more! There are all types of projects from scrappy pages to cards to mixed media delights. Here's this month's cover:



You get all of the above for only $4.99 a month and what's great is you can view the last 3 months of issues as well. If you're worried about being able to save your fav articles or tuts, have no fear! You can right click and save anything you'd like. So what are you waiting for?? Head on over to Scrapbook News and Review Magazine and pick up your subscription today!

Now some projects!

I've really fallen head over heels in love with doing canvas work. In fact each month in the second issue (yep that's right, 2 issues per month!) I do a step by step breakdown of one so you can try it at home! Let me know if you check it out. The canvas I'm sharing today however was for a call using deco scissors. Deco what? you say. Yeah, deco scissors. I had to blow the dust off mine, but am soo happy I did. Check out the project:

Say a Little Prayer



All the patterned papers I used on this piece were cut with some type of deco scissor, with the exception of the fringe at the top. That was done with the Martha Stewart fringing scissors. Are those consider deco? Hmmm... anyways, I made this canvas for my DD. It has special meaning to us and she was elated when she saw the outcome. Now to get her room revamped so we can hang it up.

Close up:



I had to share a close up of the birdie's legs. They're my favorite part of the piece, LOL. I made them by taking some beading pins and putting beads on them. I created a loop at the bottom to hold the beads in place and attached a jump ring. From the jump ring hangs two tear drop shaped gems from Maya Road though they're hard to see in the picture. For me this was the perfect touch of whimsy to make this project special.

Up next a LO:

In My Life



This LO was created for a fussy cut call. The October Afternoon 5 and Dime papers worked perfectly for this. I love all the little farm paper dolls and animals. I used lots of paints, pastes, gesso, and other textural elements. In my life I've had all the animals in the pictures as pets. What makes it hilarious is that it's only been within the last years I've actually lived on a farm!

Here are a couple close ups:






And finally a card:

Much Thanks


Much thanks first and foremost to all my friends that stop by here. Your comments make my day and I love knowing when someone's visited. So thank you all for stopping when you do.

I created this card based off the card sketch for SNR (yep there's sketches in every month's issue) and while my take always seems to go a stray from the sketch I love it anyhoo. Used lots of paint, gesso, light molding paste, stamps, tapes, and more to put it all together.

Now on to some upcoming haps at Scrapbook News and Review. I don't know if you know, but there is some majorly cool stuff going on over there! SNR has hooked up with a number of manufacturers and every Wednesday and Saturday there are events going on to showcase inspiration, classes, and tutorials. It is awesome to say the least. This weekend Prickley Pear Stamps and Nikki Sivils will be featured and last night SRM stickers went up. You can also view We R Memory Keepers until Saturday when it'll be taken down. Oh and did I mention there are a TON of prizes you could be entered to win?? They're good too, on the real. So be sure you make your way to SNR you won't want to miss out.

Phew, a little long winded huh? Thanks for sticking with me. Hope you have beautiful days!
~Scarlett

1 comment:

  1. Love your projects Scarlett! What a cute bird and love all the fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!