Friday, August 12, 2011

New Projects to Share






Hi Friends! So sorry my blog has had tumbleweeds blowing through it, but summer days are busy and I've been planning some fun changes. Until all that gets underway though, I thought I should share some recent projects I've made for Scrapbook News and Review Magazine. Have you been to the site lately? If not, you totally should get there ASAP. SNR has paired up with a number of manufacturers and there is inspiration, classes, and tutorials galore available for you to view on the forum and front page. Crate Paper and TaDa are being featured right now, but again, hurry because Crate Paper will only be up for a little while longer.

Okay on to some projects. All of the following were published in the June issue of SNR.

New Doll


This is a picture of my daughter on Christmas a couple years ago opening an "American Girl" doll. She has one real one and the rest she gets are faux. I love that she adores the faux ones just as much as the real ones.

The idea to create a house shaped LO seemed fitting and I'll admit it was totally fun to create a little dollhouse LO with furniture and everything LOL!

Here are some close ups for you to peep out:


I'm so glad I finally found a use for that clock from October Afternoon's Modern Homemaker chipboard. I grew up with a clock exactly like that in my house.


My daughter even gave up one of her prized American Girl doll stickers so I could include it on this LO. That's saying something because she treasures them like gold! LOL

Next up Rainbows


The full quote on this LO says Rainbows without rain are gifts from God. One of my favorite quotes and so true.

I had a blast painting up the background paper from Crate using watered down acrylic and fluid acrylic paints. Then I used a stencil to dab on the pearl circles. Next, I stamped the letters, border, and title using black acrylic paint and a mix of foam and clear stamps. Once all that was dry, I laid out my papers to create the grid, placed the photo on top, add butterflies, and some letters and called it a done one. This was featured on the front page of SNR so if you'd like to see step by step's head on over there.

Let's see one last project I think (mainly because I always have good intentions of coming back here "tomorrow", but sometimes tomorrow takes a while in blog land. LOL).

Love You


This card was published for a using mists call in the June issue of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine. I wish the picture could really show of it's glitzy glam look. This card sparkles! A couple quick notes on the card: I used coarse texture gel on the heart and then sprayed over it HEAVILY with mist. Love the two tone look this created. I created the lollipop flower out of misted muslin cloth and then used Studio Calico stamps over it. The animal printed heart was created out sticky back canvas made by Ranger. It was misted all yellow first then I placed a stencil over to get the animal print. The wings are chipboard covered on modeling paste by Liquitex. To get the texture I used a toothpick. The other things done on the card are more obvious, I think, but if you have any questions feel free to drop me a line. I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for stopping by today. It felt really, really good to blog. I need to do this way more often!

Don't forget about all the exciting happenings going on at SNR. You don't want to miss a beat and as a bonus there are going to be some amazing giveaways. Have you gotten your subscription to the mag itself? Oh me oh my, it's an amazing resource in soo many ways! I've learned so much. The new issue comes out Sunday so when you're there checking out the forum, be sure to get your subscription. At $4.99 a month, you can't beat the price!

Have lovely days friends. Blessings.
Scarlett



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work, girl! Love the dollhouse, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects, Scarlett! Hope tomorrow comes soon, in love having a lok at your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these cards absolutely amazing and you have done gorgeous work....
    discount card printing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!