Hey Sweetie Peeps! Happy June to ya' - a few days late but hey as my title says I've been layin' a bit low. If you recall from this post, my baby girl received a concussion. I knew she'd need TLC to the max and I gave it - no doubt. I mean who could resist this crazy cute lil' lady below!!
|Okay so I know this is a very crazy picture to post but my silly lil' lady has wanted this to go up somewhere, so her wish is my command. This is her before the concussion took her out. Acting like her goofy self - something I totally love.|
What I didn't expect and know were all the symptoms and just how sensitive one can be after concussions happen. One little bump in the hallway combined with over heating and we found out it wasn't a good mix - she was in really rough shape, needing care to the extreme. I share this because I had known concussions were serious business people - but not this serious and I really want you all to be aware. So in short what I've learned:
- its no longer like when we were kids - you don't just get up and brush it off - take serious falls well seriously!
- concussions come with a ton of symptoms I would have never imagined and take a long time to recover fully from - get the info from your docs and follow it
- be your child's advocate and ensure people respect their limitations - my hubs had a hard time dealing with this being as serious as it was - see point one
- re-injury can occur from the slightest impact
- once rechecked there is still a decently long time frame where everything needs to be done in moderation and your child needs to be monitored
|These Hash Corner Chippies from ScrapFX rock my world peeps! They fit around a 4x4 photo perfectly - ahh! What a funky fresh frame, right?|
|This is another cool little frame piece from ScrapFX that wasn't intended to be a frame but with a few snips here and there became one and gave me a few little leftover pieces to have for later - bonus!|
|Tons of texture created on the background from pastes, embossing powders, inks, and ScrapFX stencils.|
Thanks so much for stopping by today and reading through my little public service announcement. I appreciate your visits so much and look forward to getting back in action. Hooray for healing paths!!!
Take good care friends!