Thursday, June 21, 2012

MSW Sketch and New ScrapFX Post Live

Hey, hey, hey!  Can you tell I just watched Fat Albert with the kids?? Love that movie and loved Fat Albert when I was a kidlet!  Did you watch it?

I've got a new post up at ScrapFX and would LOVE for you to check it out!!  You can go here to take a peek because there is a LO there I won't be posting here just yet and lemme tell you I think it goes in my twenty-twelve favs category!!  Let me know what you think, K? xx

Sketch selected from the plethora of designs at My Sketch World!
For our June card designer reveal at MSW, we were asked to choose one of our favorite sketches to use.  I chose the above sketch because I think it allows for many takes and creative freedom.

For the background I used a combo of Dylusions spray inks to get some color going - as you can tell I wound up with a lot of color going on! - I'm really diggin' the deep, bright, saturated hues of these inks - I dabbed some paint and gesso through stencils and punchinella to create the patterns - the cool thing is the mediums layered on top of the Dylusions pick up a tint of the ink color unless you use some type of fixative - I used one of my hand-carved stamps to add some clouds (of course, LOL) - and added a few pen marks to finish it off - from there I let the washi tape and ScrapFX chippies take over.  To find out what I did to alter the chipboard go to my post here.
As I look at this card I'm still not sure that I like it - I think its kind of dark for a celebrate sentiment.  My DT friends at ScrapFX assured me it was good to go and said not to change a thing - I trust those girls to tell me if I've flopped, boost me up when I'm questioning myself, and give praise beyond belief!  Really blessed to have such tremendous people to work with!

Background shot just because I love photos taken with my iPhone. ;0)
Speaking of tremendous - it will be a tremendous feat if I can accomplish all I need to over the next couple days.  I made a tag earlier in the month and hung it up with the other two I posted here.  I look at it a lot to keep on truckin' and so I'll leave you with that today as well.  

Another go with Dylusions - the clouds were cut from a tag gone bad, LOL - this would be why I never throw bad experiments away - they can always be turned in to cool embellies! - used some Liquitex String Gel as a resist to create circles and Sakura Glaze pens for the raindrops - Crafter's Workshop stencil for the chevron (really glad I sprung for the 6x6 size, now I've got both, YAY!) - A bit of washi tape, pen work, and a Studio Calico potty person (so cute and fun) finished it off!
Have a spectacular day sweet peeps!  It is what you make it!


2 comments:

  1. so much fun! Your use of color is inspiring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright , happy and colorful cards and tags Scarlett. Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!