Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Hello!  While its a day late I couldn't resist posting a quick Happy Father's Day wish and the card I made for my FIL.  He has helped my hubby and I out endlessly with so many things.  We're very thankful for him and his love for us daily.

 Melodie Lens, Big Up Film (thanks Michelle!), no flash
Lately I've been playing around on different types of paper/tags to get the creative juices flowing again.  This piece was created on watercolor paper and uses Dylusions spray ink (newest love *eek* finally a spray ink I can get down with!!), gesso, acrylic paint.  Punchinella and a Crafter's Workshop stencil were used to make the patterns.  I decided I'd start with this piece as inspiration for the card I was yet to create.
I wanted a card that was happy and bright, yet could be used for Father's Day.  I didn't want the card to be your typical male card - know what I mean?  

My FIL was a train conductor - our kids love knowing this.  I wanted to use a train and this EP one was all I had.  Totally pushed my luck since it is meant for a kidlet - the addition of little smoke puffs made me smile.
I layered up some patterned paper and added some stamping to my background piece - my idea of a little graffiti, LOL.  Stamped on washi tape for the sentiment and added some twine.

The sun was stamped on Ranger stick back canvas using a hand-carved stamp I made.  I have a fun little stash of my own designs but I must say this one gets the most use!  I stamped using Lumiere metallic paint and then sprayed over with two shades of Dylusions.  I blended the ink with a paintbrush, heat dried, outlined, and cut out.  The clouds are covered with some concoction I had leftover on my table one day.  It an effort to never waste mixtures, paint, mist, etc. I always spread my leftovers onto punched shapes or paper scraps I've got laying on my table.  It always comes in handy later at the just right time!

This card made my FIL smile from ear to ear, chuckle, and say it was really cute.  I usually don't see when people open cards or things I make for them - guess I embarrass easily and don't like the attention - however this is one time I'm really glad God prompted my FIL to open it so quickly and I'd no time to escape. 
The ABC crop is in full swing over at My Sketch World.  Totally fun crop - member inspired - great prizes - and even better friends!

The challenge for letter E was to create a matching envelope for a card.  I decided no time like the present to knock that one off my long list of challenges to try and hit up.

Nothing too fancy or involved but quick, easy, and a cute little extra to make the card truly special.  Looking at it now if I would have been really on top of my game I would've added a picture to this - DOH!  Wonder if he kept the envie??

I've got a TON of work to share with you coming up and I'm truly hoping all things align just right and fall in to scheduled place so I can blog, blog, blog!

What types of things do you set up to keep your bloggy time in tact?  Have you thought about following some type of schedule where you do certain types of posts on certain days - or just blog as need/feel it?

Thanks for stopping by, chime in on the questions above because I'd love to know your thoughts (some of my bloggy friends that stop by here are so good I need to know!!) Good days to you!






2 comments:

  1. Your card is fabulous, no wonder your FIL smiled from ear to ear! And the envy is sweet too. I wish I had advice for you on the bloggy time, but I'm a fly by the seat of my pants gal and rarely organize that stuff. Although I do take advantage of the schedule feature on my blog when I do need to time blog entries for hops or holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!