Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tag You're It!!

Hey Sweet Peeps!  It has been WAY too long since I've been here - my word its a new month and everything!!  Life has been crazy busy and adjusting to all that is going on has left me with little time to blog any haps!  Really need to change that - perhaps blogger mobile is in order??  Anyone use that to actually post blogs?  If you do do you like it?

So I totally loved the game of tag when I was kid - I was a little speed demon in torn tights and black patent leather shoes - oh yeah! Seriously hated those things - but I still do love a good game of tag - these days instead of running it involves all sorts of messy goodness on actual tags!

I was soo super excited to receive my package from Simon Says Stamp the other day because it contained some of the Dylusions Ink Sprays released this past CHA!!!  Eek, I've been wanting these for a LONG time, like since I saw Dyan Reaveley's blog.  I was very much attracted to her use of bright colors and wished she had more of her Dylusions line available in the States - wish come true and this tag shows off how awesome the colors are!!  The oranges and yellows are Dylusions complimented by some VersaColor ink.  I'll be posting some more detailed shots on my Instagram feed soon - I know I should know how to tell you where you can find it, but I don't, LOL!!  So your best bet would be to find me on FB.

When I get new supplies or I'm feeling stuck in a rut I turn to tags for playtime.  Anything goes.  If it works - great - if it turns in to a disaster - great.  I can still use my mistakes later to punch shapes from, cut strips for journaling, or cover it all up with gesso and really start over.

I went a little out of my comfort zone and ordered up the Dear Lizzy Neopolitan 6x6 pad.  The colors of the actual paper are a bit too light for my typical taste but I was smitten over the patterns.  So I decided I'd blend the patterns and colors I love to see what happened.  Taking on a suggestion from a dear friend at SNR I gave watercolors a go for a creative boost.  I dipped my brush in my watercolors (I use the Blick brand liquid watercolors and will never look back!) and then in a bit of PearlEx - oh my color me happy!!!!  I wish you could see the shimmer on this tag!!!  I will definitely be playing with this combo again.  I added gesso through some type of hardware tape.

I think for tonight I'm going to stick with my game of tag - there are plenty of challenges I want to play along and My Sketch World is having the all time member favorite ABC crop (you should go check it out, lots of fun!) - but I need some new techniques/ideas/muse/mojo/whatever you want to call it to meet those challenges.  I've been really comfortable for sometime and am itchin' for some new pick me ups.  I'll keep you posted on any fabulous findings.  

What have you been playing with lately technique or product wise?? 

4 comments:

  1. These are awesome- I just love tags, and your little "tag" story too- I think all kids love a good game of tag!
    Your colors and texture are amazing, I truly do love your work. Beautiful.
    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tags are wonderful! Love them all:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! Those look great! I have the Dylusions inks- haven't been able to figure out how to use them yet- I'm still in love with my Mister Huey cram and white colors (although they clog like nobody's business!) I may have to give creating some tags a try- I'm getting SO SICK of my scrapbook pages!!! :) I was actually trying to use mobile post the other day- it's incredibly hard on my old iTouch and FORGET adding photos to a post! I wonder if it's easier on an iPhone? If you try it lemme know ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lovin' on the Dylusions!!! They do take some playtime and thought since they react with water. I needed to do tags and playtime for the same reason you stated you should try - just really feeling like my pages were being forced and I don't care for what I create when that happens. I'm going to try mobile blogging here at some point because I'm on the go so much I don't have time to do it all. I'll let you know if I can get photos uploaded using my phone - here's to crossing some fingers! :)

      Delete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!