Sunday, August 1, 2010

It's August Already?!!

It is really hard to believe just how fast the summer has flown by and here we are in August. Can't believe we will be gearing up for back-to-school before we know it! Although it seems sad that the 1st of August would mark this, there are some wonderful things August has brought about as well.

The 1st of the month means there is a new featured manufacturer this month at A Walk Down Memory Lane!! WooHoo, right?! This month you will delight in receiving 25% off Bo Bunny products in the store. I had a really great time working with Block Party, Peacock Lane , and Sun Kissed. I created up a storm so I will share a few things with you today.

Storytime

I must say this is my favorite!! I cannot believe how much fun it was to create with this line and I think the colors worked so wonderfully for this subject, not to mention they matched my DDs outfit! Gotta love that. I was a little leery of the purple, but I am thinking I need to use this color a lot more often, or at least keep using up the rest of what I have from this line.

Closeups

For the butterfly I used a chipboard piece and just traced it onto the patterned paper and cut two out. Then I layered them and added the circles to the top with a small circle punch. The top half circles were made by punching out a circle cutting it in half, fringe cutting along the edge, and then rolling.

I just love these roses and look for the opportunity to use them all the time. The leaf was made with cream colored burlap and then I dabbed it with some Ranger paint, available in the store, and I must say these are about the best little painter thingies I have ever used! You should totally give them a try!

Full Speed Ahead

I used lots of Bo Bunny bling and the double dot ribbon on this LO! I totally lucked out once again by having these fabulous papers match the swim trunks my DS is wearing! Just love the down home American feel to this line.

And last, but certainly not least, my reveal for My Sketch World's August 1st card sketch!! Yep, I did double duty this month by using up some delightful Sun Kissed scraps with Miss Lucy Chesna's rockin' sketch and came up with this:
Summer Lovin' ATC

I have scrapped this photo many time, many ways because I love it! DH and I definitely need to get a new shot this summer together before it slips away.

Well, that's it for now. I will be back with a couple cards for you to see in a few days. I have a lot of back blogging to do and I am really hoping I can get some of that done and share with you all what I have been up to.

Be sure to head on over to the DT blog so you can see all the yumminess created by the DT this month with Bo Bunny!

2 comments:

  1. amazing projects Scarlett.. as always your fabulous combo of colours, detail and design... great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow gorgeous layouts and card. You sure are a creative gal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!