Friday, November 1, 2013

Mood Board Challenge ScrapFX - Spread Your Wings & Fly Mini Canvas

Happy Friday and November Sweetie Peeps!  Its been a bustling flow of craft activity around my house as I prepare for an upcoming Christmas market.  I've been having oodles of fun creating little delights I hope others will find joy in.  In the meantime though there has also been a wonderful flow of activity on the ScrapFX blog and YOU have the chance to get involved!


From now until Nov. 15 the above Moodboard is being used as inspiration for our current Fan challenge.  All you have to do is create a project based on it and you'll be entered in the running for some ScrapFX goodies and a Guest Spot on the blog.  Of course there is a slight twist - I mean what is a challenge without a little twist, right?


This sketch must also be used in the creation of your project.  Isn't it a fantabulous sketch?  You can use it as a launching pad for your design or follow it straight away - just as long as you share how you used it.  And before you ask, you don't have to use ScrapFX goodies in the creation of your projects.  We understand it may be tough yet for our fans to get their hands on the goods, so create away with what you do have and best of luck!!
 
Now for my 2nd project this month using this board.  I already posted my first here.
 
 
 I went with a cutie lil' mini canvas this time around.  I was highly inspired by the colors of the board and all the textures of the fabrics and the nest.  I also pulled a bit of inspiration for the background from the organic patterns found on those fabrics.  I did indeed use the sketch for my design but in this case I used it as more of a launching pad since my canvas was so small.  I pulled certain elements from the sketch and translated them to where the main items I used on the canvas would be placed.   
 
The background is made up of paint, mist rubbed on, stamping, stenciling with some paste and my fav ScrapFX stencil (Random Dots), a bit of pastels for highlighting certain circles, and gold mica flakes.
 
 
 I left the butterfly bare since there was so much color going on everywhere else and just coated it with some glitter glue.  When the glitter glue was added it actually deepened the color of the bare chipboard a tad and I really like the effect it gave.  The words were painted with some acrylic paint and highlighted with a white pen.  Doilies, sequins, and a rhinestone flower finished everything off.
 
This piece came together really quickly with the longest part being the dry time for the gold mica flakes - which actually don't take too long in the grand scheme of dry times - and yet it packs a punch.  Power to the mini canvases!!  So glad I have a bunch of these stashed away - can't wait to play some more with them.  What do you have stashed away that could be a hidden gem to play with this weekend?  Perhaps you could use it for your entry in to the challenge at ScrapFX.  Hope to see you there!!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a canvas, super gorgeous! And good luck with preps for your Christmas market!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!