Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Thankful for You

Hello!  Stopping in quick to share the first of a few cards I'm making for my daughter's softball team fundraiser basket.  They are having a raffle coming up soon and her team was assigned the basket for cooking.  To say we weren't exactly excited in understatement considering some of the other team's basket topics, but we're making the best of it!


One other mom and I decided to take over being in charge of the task and while brainstorming how to approach it I thought of the idea of making our basket Thanksgiving themed since the fundraiser will happen in the beginning of November.  My contribution will be some handmade cards and hopefully a canvas as well.  We shall see how well and quickly the creative juices flow. ;)


 This is the first card I've created and I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking with a design similar to this for at least a few more.  Not sure how many total I'll make yet.  I used a ScrapFX leaf chippie that I altered with my String Gel technique and added it on top of a watercolored base that has a bit of stenciling done with some paste.  The rest is just layers of textiles, embellishments, and paper along with a stamped sentiment.  This came together rather quickly and so I'm totally digging that.  Plus I think having something crafty in our basket will add a unique touch which I hope will draw peeps to wanting to place their tickets in the raffle for it.

Well wish me luck on creating some more and I'm thankful for you, my sweet readers for stopping by to this.  Take care!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!