Monday, October 7, 2013

Seize the Day - Skissedilla #228

Happy Monday Peeps!  Its a new week, new month, and there is a new sketch up at Skissedilla along with some new changes.  


Instead of having weekly sketches posted to the blog there will now be just one monthly sketch with the entire DT posting inspiration for that sketch. That is a heap of eye candy!!  Of course there will still be a selected scrapper, this month the we have the spectacular Michelle of My Analog Life joining us - Yahoo!!  The blog will be written in both Norwegian and English - so excited about this since I've been working on my Norwegian since I first joined the team - and we do hope this will help more scrappers from around the globe play along with us regularly! Now on to my take for October :D

I couldn't wait to get going with this sketch.  I had all sorts of ideas and when it came down to it - I did none of the ones I had in my head - ha! Crazy.  I wanted to do something different and just started playing with my background.  Lots of watercolor, acrylic paint, paste, and NeoColors II were combined to get this look along with my current fav ScrapFX stencil - Random Dots.


I knew I really didn't need a lot of extras/embellishmets for this page and I started by adding the hot air balloon sticker.  From there I busted out the sequins which you can obviously tell I had fun with, LOL.  My daughter even helped out by digging for gold in a huge bucket-o-sequins I have.  Then I added in some cheesecloth under the photo to soften the background a bit and draw more attention to the photo.  


To finish off the page I stamped some leaves with metallic paint using the ScrapFX Leafy Stem Stamp on some text patterned paper, outlined, cut them out, and tucked them under the photo.  The ScrapFX wordlet title was colored with NeoColor in red to bring that back out and match the balloon up top, stamped randomly, highlighted with a white gel pen, and adhered to the page to complete it. 

Now its time for you to head on over to the Skissedilla blog to check out the rest of the inspiration waiting there for you - oh goodness it will blow you away - so fortunate am I to scrap with such an amazing group of ladies, love them to bits. I do hope to see you join on in with the sketch challenge too!  You have the entire month of October to play along so plenty of time to get that mojo flowin' and page pumped out! 

Have a super start week and take good care! 

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun and beautiful background Scarlett! Gorgeous work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!