Thursday, July 12, 2012

Waiting For....

Have you ever wondered when you started to blog if you use the same greeting every time??!  I do.... a lot.... not like its a big deal but still.... crazy things going through my head these days.... partially due to anxiously waiting/preparing to teach again!!!


This class is now available for purchase and already has students lined up!!  No waiting on this one, head on over to The Art Studio and sign up today!

Dylusions ink sprays blended to create a rainbow - only three colors of spray used - ScrapFX Small Petal Stencil used over top - seriously LOVE this stencil!!! 

Besides having cuckoo for cocoa puffs thoughts while waiting I've been playing around trying to figure out next steps in projects I want to get/have underway.

love using washi tape as borders paired with other border stickers - Studio Calico potty people make me smile - a little dash of white gel on on black Thickers goes a long way - star sequins make me smile - photos outlined with black gesso blend right in - Amy Tangerine Sketchbook collection clouds make me smile.

I stumbled upon the SODAlicious blog via Linda.  She rocks out the AJ pages and the SODA blog is all about challenges and prompts.  I had heard of them originally via Michelle. She is an amazing trend spotter and has a knack of knowing all the coolest little known spots/manufacturers to check out.

layer upon layer of ink spray, watercolors, gesso, and modeling paste - stars created by rubbing paste through star shape punchinella from Gauche Alchemy - little butterflies punched from a rejected tag

The prompt this time around was 'waiting for...' - perfect topic for me at this moment - even though its grueling to wait on things in life I do find it refreshing knowing there is time within that wait to think things through, make changes where needed, etc.

Waiting For...  my classes to start of course silly rabbits!!!  Is it bad to say a teensy part of me wishes I was waiting to go to Houston??!  My gurls will know what I'm talking about!!  Sigh - next time for reals I'll be journaling on that wait!

For now as I wait -  I sit and play.

What has you waiting these days??  Counting down the days to anything special?

I know some of you may be counting down the days until I announce the winner of my class from this post - it'll happen tomorrow.  There were a few things I needed to get worked out before it made good sense to post a winner.  I do hope you understand.  I also hope you have great nights!

Take good care!

2 comments:

  1. I love this colorful Aj page and thank you for the shout out. Hugs and kisses. I'm still working on my page for this prompt, might not finish it within the due date, but will finish it for sure. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW thank you!! I think I'm just repeating what I see in other blogs half the time- I visit apartment therapy and a few other design blogs and just parrot everything they say. :) LOVE what you are doing with the Dylusions sprays!!! So much COLOR in these shots- you are WORKING the Instagram lady! I used to go on every hour but now that I'm at work (and we don't have wifi in the store) I have to wait till I get home and by then many of your images have passed by- I usually go to your feed to see what you made though- always food for thought there! Good luck with the class tomorrow- I really should sign up for the chipboard one but I have so little time lately- I paid for another class earlier this summer and the money went to waste- I completely forgot to log in and follow along.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!