Friday, July 6, 2012

July Card Sketch - MSW

Hi!  Back again to share another fantastic sketch to play with.  This time from My Sketch World.

This tropical heat wave we're having prompted me to grab my stash of Amy Tangerine Sketchbook collection and create a bright, sunny thank you.  What started out as this:

I {heart} my Dylusions ink sprays!!!  Wonderfully fun background created on Canson Mixed Media paper.
Combined with this sketch: 

My Sketch World July Card Sketch
 Inspired this card:

Before you gasp - I cut out a middle portion of the background to save for another project - it was too pretty to completely cover - but I wanted it badly for this card - LOL - the orange/yellow border is hacked up strips from another background I cut down for later use - I originally thought I'd use it for this card but the whole piece didn't work to my liking - glad to have worked in a few bits of it though
Layered Details:
Gave some of my new stamp sets from Studio Calico and My Mind's Eye a quick workout for the sentiment (MME) and clouds (SC) - and yep I totally hacked apart the cloud stamps for ease of use - lots of lovely layered bits - almost went without some splatters and upon taking a photo (I always view my projects better via picture) I decided I surely needed some black paint splatters.
 If you'd like to learn more on how to create mixed media layers on cards you should check out my class:

Save your seat now by heading to The Art Studio @ SNR!!
And don't forget my free class giveaway here!! 

Have fantastic evenings and stay cool!!  My poor baby has softball practice tonight and its going to be miserable for them - kinda hoping coach comes to her senses and cancels. ;0) 

Take care!!






3 comments:

  1. WOW! That is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO! Class give away? Must check that out! I LOVED these posts when I saw them on Instagram- the photos look better here since I'm looking at them on my regular sized computer screen- I DID gap when I saw you made a card out of that perfectly luscious background- I would have called it a day right there because that is a BEAUT! I must admit the card is gorgeous- you have such a wonderful free way with color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love that background, so I'm glad to hear you've saved it;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!