Sunday, October 30, 2011

Online Haps, a Few Projects, and a Bloggy Break

Hi Friends. Its been awhile. How's it going in your neck of the woods? Fall has certainly arrived around here and its cold! Totally bummin' that the transition from Fall like pleasant weather went to cold so quickly. But Mother Nature has a mind of her own so we'll go with it LOL.

Alright so let's get at the list of things from the title of this post.

Online Haps

Here are some fun things I thought I'd share so you can check them out too!

Miss Wally, owner of The Chip Chop Shop, is having a giveaway!!! You may remember my post about receiving a parcel of goodies from her shop here. Well lemme tell you I'm ready to go back and shop because I've used almost all of the items I picked up! I can't share them here just yet, but can't wait until I can. Her items add such a perfect touch to various projects. So head on over to her blog and/or shop to see what all the fuss is about!

Scrapbook News and Review has a couple new events that went live this past week. Gauche Alchemy and EK Success Halloween. You don't wanna miss the inspiration/tutorials from either as they'll be gone before you know it. So head over there to check it and be sure to leave some lovin' if you stop by.

Here's a sneak of a project I have up:



Spooky, huh? LOL

Speaking of projects, that's next on the list. Here a few past projects, all published in Scrapbook News and Review Magazine:

Hey


Lots of Crate Paper used on this along with some inking, rock candy crackle paint, and some glitter glue.

New Grade


Its sad to say my son started 10th grade this year and I'm just now sharing this card. Oh boy. I've got a lot of back projects, LOL. I used some My Mind's Eye and The Girls' Paperie (I'll miss them and can't wait to try out Authentique). Lots of layering of patterned papers, a bit of hand-stitching to secure the banner in place, and some button love.

Rippin' Good Time


This is one of my all time fav LOs showing off some Cosmo Cricket lovin'. I loved this beach line and still have some left to play with (apparently I bought a bit too much ROFL). Anyhoo, the picture, stickers, layers of paper, bellies, oh all of it came together just the way I pictured. Believe me, that doesn't happen often.

Alrighty so last on the list is a bloggy break. Yeah I think I need one. I feel like I could be doing so much more here on my blog and I want to do more. I have lots of ideas, but rarely the time to really flesh them out and make them happen. So I've decided I'm going to take some time to do so.

Throughout November I'll be here to update with events going on and hoping to participate in a month of gratitude. I have to find the blog where I saw this and go back, but I really don't need any guidelines to know I should really be making an effort to be thankful for all the wonderful things God does in my and my family's lives on a daily basis. I also know there is a Create Art Everyday for Month going on somewhere too and I'd like to get at that. I need to get back to doing a tad bit of creating just for the fun and play of it.

The last thing I'll be working on is setting up my online store....yes, an online store!! I've wanted to have one for a very long time and I feel the nudge that now is just as good a time as any. I'll be stocking my store with handmade embellishements, tags, cards, canvases, journals, and more! I do hope you'll share in the excitement with me when I open.

If you've gotten this far, first lemme say WOW! This was LONG post and I appreciate you sticking with me. I'll see you throughout November and will be working away at creating a better bloggy spot for you to visit!

Have a fantabulous Sunday and God Bless!
Scarlett



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous projects as usual Scarlett! Good luck with your new venture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!