Sunday, July 3, 2011

Finally

a post! WooHoo! My poor neglected blog. My intentions are always good, just not always seen through...wink.... So thank you for bearing with me and dropping by when you do. I have some exciting things planned ahead and I am hoping life will align to make it all happen so I can share with all of you! In the meantime, what I can share is my 2 creations for My Sketch World's July card and LO sketch.

First up the card sketch. Here it is:

Fun sketch, right? Here's my take on it (an ATC of course....cheesy grin):

Hug Your Kids



I really am diggin' these new papers (Odds and Ends) by Cosmo Cricket. My favorite are all the little girls and the words. The background for this ATC is a crinkled cardstock background with some Perfect Pearls dusted on. Love how the patterned paper picked up some of the texture, but not all. I put my Cuttlebug to work with some dies for the burlap and felt.
Here's a different angle:


Next up the LO sketch:

Another good one, huh? Miss Lucy rocks out the sketches that's for shiggity!

Here's my take on it:

No More Waiting

I rotated the sketch to the left and love, love, love how this turned out! I really think I have finally found my mixed media mojo when it come to adding it into my LOs. I had so much fun creating this it's insane! I used lots of different manufacturer's items to create this freestyle whimsical page.
Here are some close ups:

Lots of bellies both store bought and hand made. For the tree I created the leaves with a die and then added texture paste to the chipboard trunk. I used Shimmerz on the clouds and sewing paper, and love how the twine circle on the photo turned out.


My molding paste butterfly with some glass glitter. I used a Tattered Angels glimmer screen and spread the paste through. Thought this was a fun replacement for the circle on the sketch.
One more funky angle for ya':

Be sure to hop on over to MSW so you can play along with the sketch challenges and all the other challenges the DT have posted right now. Lots of great ones!

Until next time (which is hopefully sooner than this was), have a beautiful evening, hug your kids, hug your hubbie, and be blessed.





1 comment:

  1. Scarlett, mt dear, these are amzing! So much to look at! Way to rock the sketches!

    Happy 4th of July to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!