Saturday, January 26, 2013

In Case You Missed Them

Happy Weekend Sweet Peeps!!  I've shared a ton a sneak peeks on my blog lately and thought I'd share a few of the reveals today from ScrapFX.  This past month I've had a lot of fun over there working with new Steampunk pieces that were released in December.

I adore this picture of my son - its on a day we hung out together this past December.  He struck this pose on his own in front of an old bank structure in our town.  The journaling talks about how each moment with him is becoming more precious every day as we near the time for him to fly on his own.  Next year he'll be a senior and I can hardly believe it.  Where does the time go? 
For this page I challenged myself to use some of the Steampunk pieces I really liked and combine them with a whimsy style.  I wasn't quite sure at first how it was all going to play out but in the end I'd say it meshed together quite well.  Who would have thought?  Well, I guess I did - teehee! So if you're thinking Steampunk isn't for you.... I dare you to use your imagination!

I love, love the ScrapFX micro cogs (and the mini cogs too)!!  It was so much turning these cutie lil' pieces in to flowers for the vine corner.
This card was made and sent to the Sandy Hook Elementary School along with a few others.  I again went with a non-traditional approach to Steampunk.  I wanted to use cheery colors to brighten the teacher's and student's days and I like the touch of elegance the vine corner and doilies bring.


This is probably my favorite project out of all of them and will go down as a favorite page in general!  Not only do I adore the ScrapFX pieces and stencil embellishments I used on it but the meaning behind the page as whole is near and dear to me.  I won't get in to all the nitty gritty.  You can read that on the ScrapFX blog if you'd like. Just know I really needed this day to happen. :) 

Tons of techniques were jammed packed on all the chippies for the above pages and on the LOs I created lots of embellishments using the ScrapFX stencils.  I've shared some of these details on the ScrapFX blog, but some I've held back because we have a super cool treat in store for you coming up real soon - like February which is right around the corner!!! We'll be Blog Hopping and you will not be disappointed I guarantee so until then I'm going to keep some things under wraps. Don't forget there is a DT Call up and ScrapFX is so wonderful to work for! Check it out.  

I'll be back tomorrow with a new LO to share using a spectacular Skissedilla sketch, until then enjoy your Saturdays!

1 comment:

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!