Thursday, October 4, 2012

Skissedilla #178 - Num, Num!

Hello.  As I sit here I have a nice warm cup of tea, the window is open just a tiny crack to let in some cool autumn air, and I can hear the sound of the combines taking down the corn for the season.  Ahhh, I love this time of year with the exception of the cold winter it eludes to.  However I'm still hanging on to summer by scrapping some of those last moments - shucks who I am kidding - I have a ton of summer photos from who knows when til now that need to be scrapped, LOL.

The Everyday Eclectic line by Echo Park was the perfect set of papers to document these fun photos. I added a bit of subtle stenciling with some gesso and then swiped over it with some ink - I love this chevron pattern but it needed to be broken up a bit.
 Fair time is always my favorite!!!  I love the animals, food, atmosphere - oh I love it all.  My boys really love the State Fair because it has the infamous cream puffs - people are serious 'bout their cream puffs around here, LOL!

I used a cutie patootie ScrapFX chipboard cupcake - I know the were eating cream puffs but this is close enough for me.  I altered the piece with some pens and had to add some little sprinkles to finish it off.  The doily is made from a glittering technique I tried out using some spray adhesive and Crafter's Workshop stencils - I really like this doily but really prolly won't repeat the technique in the manner I went about it - I like fairly clean, unsticky stencils when all is said and done. ; )
 My daughter however could care less about a cream puff - the little note speech bubbe sticker was perfect to - well - note this! : )

More fussy cut balloons outlined with some pens to make them pop and unique to the page - wonder how hubbie will feel about his cheesy mug being plastered here front and center, LOL!
 Love hot air balloons to go with a fair theme - so reminds of Old World Fairs.

One final close peek - the mist splatters are from Heidi Swapp's new Colorshine mists!!! Oh dear me are they fabulous!  I'm planning on doing a bunch of playing with them real soon so I will share some new tag play soon - its been a while.
 I've very much fallen for the Studio Calico little wood veneer pieces - really excited for my order of stars to come in - I've wanted them for soo long and just when I get them ordered they go on back order, LOL.  Soon......

I love Skissedilla sketches so much!  Have you checked them out yet and what the rest of the amazing DT has to offer??  If not you're certainly missing out and if you have - YAY!!  Happy to have you playing along with us - I know I've seen a few scrappy peeps I know adding a link - so cool and really hope you all keep playing along!

With that I bid you all adieu for tonight - I've got a billion things on my creative do list and feel the itch to get going!  Take care.

1 comment:

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!