Saturday, March 19, 2011

ATC Lovin'

Happy Saturday! It is a gorgeous day here and I am hoping the temps will get a bit higher so we could actually get outside and enjoy it!

I am totally hooked on ATCs and enjoy the creative freedom you have when making them. I love using all sorts of goop on them and figuring out how to place everything I want on them. They become tiny little pieces of art and my collection is growing rapidly!

Here are a few I have done recently:

House of Blues


This one was created for the January issue of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine. The call was for music themed ATCs and I went with a Blues theme. The chipboard piece is from Maya Road. I stamped it with a music stamp from The Girls' Paperie and painted it with some Luminiere.

The background was made using Black Lava texture paste. Then I used a stamp from Glitz with some paint on it to get the small dots and a recycled tape roll for the larger circles. The rubon is from Hambly and I was super happy it went on so well over the Black Lava.

Soul Sistah


This is another one for the music call at Scrapbook News and Review Magazine's January issue. I love all sorts of music and thought it would be fun to represent that I am truly a soul sistah when it comes to my choices.

The background is a sticky back canvas ATC base made by Ranger. I used some paint on it and then stamped some of my fav genres onto it. I drew the silhouette onto some watercolor paper, painted it, adhered it to the base with some gel medium, and then outlined it with a silver paint marker. The edges were created with silver UTEE.

Pray


Luck has nothing to do with it, Pray! I love this saying and happened upon it when I was blog surfing. I wish I could remember where I saw it to give credit back, but the only thing that stuck with me was the saying, LOL! I just find this saying to be so true. We often depend on luck or wish we were lucky like so and so, but the truth is nothing in life is brought about by luck. If we want or need something we should turn to our good Lord and pray on it.

I have a tutorial up on the SNR front page blog on how to create the background you see. It's so quick and easy, but opens a ton of possibilities for all your crafty projects. I used a 7 Gypsies flashcard and cut of the Y for the word luck, misted it, and added the border with some markers. The letters are some really old Making Memories ones that I love so I was happy to use them.

Thanks for stopping by today!! I am hoping to be back tomorrow with some LOs I have had in my stash to share for awhile. Enjoy your day and may God Bless you with Happiness today!




2 comments:

  1. Scarlett, these are amazing! Love all the layers and dimension! Girl- you are rockin' the ATC's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ATC's, Scarlett! They are addicting. I love making them too. Sorry you missed our ATC challenge on the CropStop Blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!