Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Home Decor Inspiration

Happy Thursday my friends! Don't you just LOVE Christmas time!! I know I do. It's my favorite holiday and creating things using all the fabulous winter and Christmas stuff out there is just a joy to me. Today I want to share with a bit of inspiration to create a tree to deck your own halls! I have been wanting to do up a Christmas tree since last year when I bought the styrofoam bases. I just ran out of time last year, but this year when I saw the trees Lolly Chessie created for Crate Paper's summer CHA release, an idea was born and I knew I was going to finally do up a tree when I could get my hands on the Snow Day line! So that's what I did.

Snow Day Christmas Tree


I started the tree by painting the styrofoam base green, just in case it peeked through in any areas. Then I cut a TON of paper strips, looped them in half, and pinned them to the base.

Next, I went through my ginormous drawer full of ribbons and trims and picked out some I thought would be fun to add for garland. I used hot glue to hold it in place at the top and just began winding it around, tucking it here and there.

I knew I wanted a star up top, but wasn't exactly sure how I was going to do it at first. Then I remembered I had just gotten some Tim Holtz Memo Pins and found my Sissix star die. Perfect fit! I sprayed the star with some Tsukineko Psst! Shimmer Spritz. I wish you could see just how sparkly this stuff is. If you haven't tried it, you should. It is amazing and blows away all other mists.

The last thing I did was to create all the little ornaments for my tree. I used a lot of Crate Paper Snow Day diecuts along with some sequins. It is truly amazing how many sequins I have! So glad to finally have used some up.
I am just really thrilled at how this turned out and told my wonderful hubbie we should use this as our tree this year! LOL! We have a couple mischievous kittens that seem to think our tree is their jungle gym.
I am going to leave you with a few more pictures of the tree so you can see some of the ornaments up close. Sorry if it's overkill, but I just really had a lot of fun with this.




Thanks for stopping by today!
God's Blessings to you!

1 comment:

  1. ohmygosh...somebody shut the front door!! scarlett, this tree is so fun & funky & totally adorable! I just love it! thanks for all of the close-up pics where we can see your ornaments. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!