Friday, June 4, 2010

More Scrappiness to Share!

The Dixie Pieces Precious Pastels Kit is just amazing! Check it out:

Isn't it delightful??! You should really head on over there and pick yourself up one before they are gone!
Here are a couple more projects I created with this month's kit:
Hi card

I just loved using these oversized eyelets!! It's been so long since I have used eyelets on anything, but these were fabulous!
Summer Days

I rarely use purple at all in any project, so I was a bit perplexed at first as to how I would use it all, but once I started creating, it cam to me easy peasy!!!..... and I loved it! This paper was so fun to use and I loved the overlay included in the kit! I was able to use it on 3 LOs!

Here's a close up of the flowers that come in the kit! They have a great weight to them and are embossed. Once again I used those big eyelets and added some of my own bling brads to them.

I was so thrilled when I saw the Maya Road letters and butterflies in the kit! I {heart} Maya Road chipboard pieces, so this was a special treat to have!! I altered the letters by embossing them with some American Crafts Zing embossing powder. I decked out the butterflies with some Pearl Ex, doodled around the edges, and then covered with Diamond Glaze.
Thanks for taking a peek at my creations and be sure to head on over to Dixie Pieces where there is a super fun challenge for the month of June going on!!! You could win a spot as the next GDT there!! I guarantee you won't be disappointed!
Happy Scrappin' ~ Scarlett

1 comment:

  1. Purple would be hard for me too. I somehow hardly ever use purple. Funny how we have our fave colors to use. I love how everything turned out. Those oversized eyelets are cool. Who makes those?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!