Saturday, June 5, 2010

I Challenge You To.......

1. Join me at Scrapbook Deal 4 U in the Camp Rock summer crop!!! Here are the deets:

Image

GET READY TO ROCK!!!!
With only a couple of days until the first challenge is issued, we thought we would let you all in on the details!
Below, you will find a couple of lists. Please take a look at these and if you have any questions, please post it here, or PM any member of the DT and we will do our best to help you out!

***Remember, you can play along JUST for fun, or you can play to earn points...either way, you are certain to be inspired, challenged, and hopefully even have a bit of fun over the next few weeks! EVERYONE will earn badges for each challenge they complete!
***Anyone can join in at any time...you can play one challenge or all...there is no minimum requirement. We want this to be fun for everyone!
***Each "Jam Challenge" will be issued on Friday and Due by the following Tuesday at midnight PST. The poll will then be set up and no additional entrants will be allowed into the poll. The polls will be set for 2 days so Please remember to come back and vote! The first Jam will be issued on June 4th, and the Final Jam will be on July 16th.

HOW TO EARN POINTS during summer camp.


Ok....here is the break down on how to earn points throughout camp...

Pre-registering......................................................10 points
blog/fb/twitter......................................................5 points
invite friends (they must participate)..............................5 points EACH
daily participation in MB.............................................1 point for every 5 comments (up to 100pts.)
gallery participation..................................................1 point for every 5 comments (up to 100pts.)
random game participation.........................................5 points for participation...10 points for the winner if there is one
Ad photo to your Avatar.............................................5 points* We want to see YOU! Your own face for this one please!

How to earn points through the challenges each week...
layout entered (on time)............................................10 points
Top vote getter.....................................................100 points
2nd....................................................................75 points
3rd.....................................................................50 points
4th.....................................................................35 points
5th.....................................................................20 point

***there will be points awarded to the top 5 vote-getters. In the event that there is a tie, points will be awarded to both...no tie breakers...it is still just for fun
I will try to post up to date point tallies periodically throughout camp.
At the end of Camp, totals will be tallied, and top point earner will be our next Guest Designer! The 2nd place point earner will receive a past SD4U kit filled with goodies and 3rd place will receive scrappin' goodness worth $20.00!

My Daughter is absolutely thrilled I am participating in this and we have had to watch Camp Rock 3 times so I can get in the mood....oy, oy, oy! LOL

2. To head on over to the A Walk Down Memory Lane DT blog and check out my sketch challenge for the month of June. The beautiful Miss Lucy from My Sketch World gave me permission to use one of her fabulous sketches and this is the Lo I created with it:


Of course I had to use some October Afternoon for this.... I am totally obsessed with their papers these days and it is totally helpful the A Walk Down Memory Lane store has them for 25% off the entire month of June!

I made my flowers for this LO out of DDs favorite pair of jean capris she finally outgrew. I swear she lived in these things during all seasons, LOL!, so I had to save them and use them for a LO!

3. To hurry up and head on over to Let's Scrap, where they have a super sketch posted and you still have time to create a LO using it!! Just get it uploaded by midnight tonight for your chance at some delightful scrappy goodies from Memorable Seasons!
Here's my take:

I really like how this LO turned out. MY DS is 13 now so it's a bit harder to scrap pages for him. I want them to have a more mature look and I think this worked out perfectly.....again using some October Afternoon papers from a variety of collections.

These flowers are quickly becoming a fav of mine now that I actually have the hang of craeting them! I love adding stuff to the tops of them and they work great for boy pages since they aren't too girly looking! I drew lines onto my patterned paper to create the underside of my mushrooms and then I embossed them with some clear embossing powder, even though you can't really tell that in the picture.

I love how rolling down the edges of my green paper strip revealed the underside pattern. I think it adds a cool touch. I cut the circle strip out of paper from the Fly A Kite October Afternoon collection and then added the buttons. The letters are also from Fly A Kite and I just outlined them with a Sharpie to help them stand out a bit more.

4. To capture a rainbow!! I know lots of us have been experiencing much rain and it can get you down, but there is always a rainbow somewhere. I love that God has given us this great gift of beauty amongst the rain!

This is DH with our daughter and old gurl, Tika, in the background. He loves playing in the rain with the kids! Not sure where DS was at??!! LOL!

Thank you Lord!

Well that's it for now..... I think I gave you all enough food for thought!! LMBO! With blogger being down I got a bit behind on what I wanted to share.
Have delightful days my friends and thanks for stopping by!
Scarlett

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweetie,been missing your stellar work where I've been hanging out!! Hope you're doing well, you're certainly pouring out great projects! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!