Friday, January 1, 2010

365 Cards - Day 303

Happy New Year!!! Hope everyone has had or is having a wonderful celebration. DH, the kids, and I all made it til' midnight!!! A first around here.... my kids are getting big! DD did have to go up to her bed at 11:50 and just lay there until the new year tho'!! LOL! She yelled Happy New Year st 12:00 and then it was immediately quiet! ;0)

Day 303 - With a Flourish
So I rang in the new year watching my kids and DH play the Wii from my scrap table. Day 303 at 365 cards was all about the flourishes.... you had to use at least 3!!! I really struggled with trying to get 3 flourishes on this card..... I don't really do flourishes by themselves, let alone in 3's! But, I am pleased to say I accomplished this challenge and love the card I came up with!!!

Here is my card:



I also used a Tic Tac Toe challenge from Audrey at MSW to make this card. Her requirements were to have only cardstock, use at least 2 ribbons, and to emboss something. The white cardstock is embossed with little flowers, but it is hard to see in the photo.

I used cardstock from stash for this project.... the white is American Crafts.... The velvet ribbon is MM and the bow is from my stash.... the dress and sentiment stamp are from Inkadinkado, picked them up on clearance from Michael's!! Great deal! :0) The flourish stamp is from G Studio and the rhinestone is from my stash.

4 comments:

  1. I love all the layers of scallops on this card! Gorgeous color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card, Scarlett! Love the layered scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job combining some hard challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Scarlett!
    Definitely met the challenge and it's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!