Sunday, February 12, 2012

Squeaking One In

Happy Sunday!  I'm stopping by the ol' blog to squeak in the LO I created for Skissedilla's sketch this week.  I'd been working on it, then had to push it aside, saw it today and decided to finish.  Just in the knick of time too as entries close in like 40 something minutes, LOL.  Anyhoo, here's my take on the sketch this week:

I covered this Maya Road chipboard tree with tissue paper and then sprayed it with mists - can't the sparkle but its there - journaling over gessoed strips of paper

I misted the background through a mask then used Pan Pastels over it - so cool the design still shows through and so does the shimmer - in fact the mist shimmer looks better under the pastels - modeling paste clouds brushed heavily with Shimmerz pearlz - stitched 'rain' coming down and Maya Road beads for drops.

I really can't believe how this page came together because it was a hot mess for a while thus the reasoning for me squeaking this one in - background took a bit to come together - thought I ruined it by adding the blue drips of ink - much simpler than most of my creations - I like simple
Here's the sketch and if you're loving on the Skissedilla sketches like I am be sure to check out their DT call. 


Have a great one!
P.S. - If anyone can tell me how to get the Google translate gadget linked up on my sidebar I'd love it!  I tried through Blogger and the gadget is broke - are there other options?  Thanks so much!

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I love those clouds...and I'm so jealous that you have pan pastels...I Want some!!! lol They are just so expensive! THis is an incredible page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, love the colors here, so lively and bright!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow i adore your stamp carving to cool... thanks for popping by ...am having a few troubles working out how to leave comments...since blogger updated! lol

      Delete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!