Please read the following in its entirety:
It’s important to note that this is not a design team call. We are seeking paper crafters who will become an ongoing staff member with no predetermined term and with an at-will relationship.
Early submissions are encouraged and we strongly suggest that applicants not wait until the last minute to turn in their applications. Of course, all applications will be painstakingly considered and waiting until the deadline, or near the deadline, will not harm your chances of becoming a staffer.
We have chosen not to disclose how many people we’re seeking for staff members as it will depend on the quality of the artwork and the enthusiasm of the applicants that will ultimately affect our decision.
For this call, we’re searching for scrapbookers (paper and digital), stampers, card makers, altered art and mixed media artists as well as article writers and reporters/reviewers.
We’re looking for a variety of styles, skills and personalities, and you do not have to have advanced paper crafting skills. Rather, we’re looking for artists that complement our existing staffers and magazine artwork.
Please do not try to guess what we’re looking for and tailor your application to your thinking as you may end up trying to put a square peg in a round hole. Instead, tell us about yourself and go ahead and sing your own praises. Be true to whom you are and that will shine through more than putting on a good show. We also strongly encourage you not to check boxes that do not apply to you, your style, or your skills.
Our goal is to make this a win/win relationship and putting your best foot forward is a must, but projecting a false image or a style that isn’t true to you will only hurt you and SNR in the long run. Since it is an at-will relationship, we will evaluate new staffers based on their applications as well as their attitude and willingness to participate once a part of our staff. If they do not live up to the standards they expressed in their application, SNR will end their position.
We also ask that you do not contact any current staffers for information about SNR unless you already know them and they would be receptive to your questions. Otherwise, please feel free to ask them about the integrity and professionalism of our company.
We will be accepting submissions from January 14, 2011 to February 4, 2011. Staffers will be announced within two weeks after the deadline.
Exact details of the position will be provided upon invitation only to become a SNR staffer. While we encourage questions regarding the application, we will not answer any questions that have not been addressed in the call.
- A minimum of 5-7 projects per month, depending upon your position with SNR.
- Provide artwork content for the front page as well as in the magazine (this is a part of the minimum projects per month).
- Actively and enthusiastically participate on our board, promote SNR, and contribute to SNR events.
- Be willing to use a variety of products and work with manufacturers you’ve never worked with or that may not be your preferred style.
- Have an appetite to learn and be willing to try new products and techniques; self-education is a plus.
- Work well with others in a team environment as well as work independently on your own projects.
- The most important attribute is the ability to meet all deadlines and turn in quality artwork that is worthy of your own approval.
- We have been in business since April 2008.
- We have passionately created a fun, friendly, encouraging and educational atmosphere.
- We help staffers to carve out their own niches and look at new opportunities when it comes to learning new things and techniques.
- We appreciate valuable input from our staffers and respect their ideas, opinions and suggestions.
- We communicate with staffers on a daily basis so they always know what’s going on.
- We ensure that all staffers feel good about working with SNR and have their best interests at heart.
- We have almost 10,000 registered users on the SNR site, and over 8,000 registered users on our sub-site the Card Universe. The Card Universe will be soon moving over to the SNR site to maximize staff exposure.
- We have working relationships with almost 100 scrapbook, stamping and art supply manufacturers.
- We have thousands of visitors and subscribers per day, which you can check out on our front page on the Users Online counter.
- Our motto is to check the diva at the door. All staffers are created equal and no one is put above another.